Are you a board member, staff leader, or volunteer at a nonprofit organization in Monroe County? Nonprofit Central is a great place to get answers to your questions about board governance, finances, volunteer recruitment, fund raising, and more. We have knowledgeable staff members who can help you with resources, learning and networking opportunities, and one-on-one consultation.
Nonprofit Central is committed to strengthening Monroe County nonprofits by:
- Improving management and governance
- Increasing fund raising and resource development capacity
- Strengthening the collaborative environment in which Monroe County nonprofits operate
- Expertise from staff knowledgeable about best practices in the nonprofit sector in general and in Monroe County
- Information on nonprofit management, governance and resource development in a variety of formats
- Free professional learning and networking opportunities on a variety of topics
- One-on-one consultations for nonprofit board, staff, and volunteers
- Comprehensive list of area nonprofit organizations
- Space in the library for one-on-one consultations, meetings, and networking opportunities
- Regular communications with nonprofits
Nonprofit Central is located on the second floor of the Main Library, near the Indiana Room and is staffed Monday through Friday, 1 pm to 5 pm or by appointment.
For more information contact npc [at] mcpl [dot] info or Marc Tschida, Nonprofit Central Coordinator: 812-355-7515.
Nonprofit Central is supported by the Community Impact Funding Impact Initiative provided by the Community Foundation of Bloomington and Monroe County, Inc.
Foundation Center Online Databases
|Financial support of the Foundation Center's databases comes from the United Way of Monroe County.|
The Foundation Center's three database and the Library's Nonprofit Central Collection can help grassroots groups, nonprofit organizations, and individuals search for funding sources from companies and private foundations.
- Foundation Center's Online Professional (for nonprofits looking for grants)
- Foundation Center's Grants to Individuals (for students, artists, researchers, and other individual grantseekers)
- Foundation Center's Philanthropy IN/Sight (for all: a data visualization platform for global philanthropy)
The Cooperating Collection from the Foundation Center is available on a walk-in basis at the Main Library only.
Appointments and reservations are encouraged, but not necessary.
For a tutorial, call Nonprofit Central (355-7515) or the Indiana Room (349-3080).
For more information about grants and fundraising, review our Grants Research Guide.
Indiana Room Hours
- Monday - Thursday
- 1 pm - 9 pm
- 1 pm - 6 pm
- 1 pm - 5 pm
- 1 pm - 5 pm