After months of work and preparation, we are proud to announce an updated online catalog with improved search functions and account features. The catalog has new and improved ways to narrow your search and find exactly what you need. In addition, there are some great new preview functions and discovery tools. When you log in to your account you will find improved and new features, including the ability to remove items from your reading history, estimated fines for overdue items, and more ways to control your account. We have also updated the catalog view and introduced new features for mobile device users.
New Catalog Search Features
- Easily narrow your search with a variety of filters. After completing your initial search, use the dashboard on the left side of the screen to easily narrow your search by library branch, type of material, subject, author, and many more.
- Quickly view item details by hovering your mouse over a title’s image. Doing this reveals a window with a brief summary view. No more clicking in and out of titles to get the details you want.
- Peek inside a title’s pages with Google Preview. Select titles feature a Google Preview button enabling you to preview a title’s contents. Simply click the Google Preview icon and a window pops up allowing you to navigate select sections of a title. Simply close this window and you return to your search.
- Recently viewed titles appear at the bottom of the dashboard on the left.
New Account Features
- Easily access your account features at all times when searching the catalog. Once logged in a “My Account” box appears at the top of the dashboard to the left. Use this to easily log out of your account, or access your account by clicking your name.
- Manage your reading history list. Easily remove items from your reading history and sort the items in the list to easily find what you are looking for.
- Estimate fines for overdue items from the My Items Out/My Renewals view, accessible from the left dashboard under My Account. Simply select a future return date and potential overdue fines are calculated.
New Mobile Catalog Features
- Use the Text it option and receive a title’s call number via text message.
- Easily save searches from the bottom of any search results page.
- Easily manage title lists from the mobile catalog.
- Pay fines with a credit card from your mobile device.
- Enriched content and title information that appears in the full site catalog is now available, including reviews, author biographies, NoveList, and more.
- Estimate fines for overdue items like you can with the full site catalog.