Do you sometimes pick a book off the shelf and wonder if you've read it before? With the library's new catalog you can keep a tally of the books and authors you've read. Here's how:
- Log into your library patron account.
- In the middle of your My Account page, click on 'Contact Information and Preferences' (see image below):
- Just below 'Preferences' is the option to Maintain a reading list. Click on the box to make a checkmark appear, click 'OK' on the USA PATRIOT Act popup*, and then click the 'Submit Change Request' button (see image below):
- Now, each time you check out a book, CD, DVD, or other item, it will be added to your reading history. To view your reading history, log into your account. Click the Reading History link on the light green toolbar near the top of the page.
- If you no longer want to maintain a reading history, go to 'Contact Information and Preferences'. Click on the box for 'Maintain reading list' to remove the checkmark, then click the 'Submit Change Request' button.
*Note: Although your reading history is private, this feature is tied to your patron account. Under provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act, law enforcement officials can access your library information without your consent.