If you're on the wait list for a great Library item, the last thing you want is to lose your place in line. But what if you're out of town when your turn comes?
Suspending your holds—easy to do from your account page on the Library's website—solves this problem. While your holds are suspended, others on the wait list "leapfrog" over you; when you're back in town, just reactivate your hold, and you resume your previous position on the list.
Here's how to suspend your current Library holds:
- Log into your Library account. 
- In the My Account block on the left of the screen, click on the My Hold Requests link.
- Check the boxes next to the items for which you'd like to suspend holds.
- Below the list of items, click on Suspend/Reactivate Selected.
- In the screen that appears, enter the re-activation date (the date you want to resume your place on the wait list) for your suspended holds.
- Click the Submit button.
- After you see the message letting you know your request was processed, click the Back to Requests link.
The status of any holds you suspended should now be Inactive.
For more help placing, suspending, and reactivating holds, please contact the Library Information Desk.