Ask A Librarian is a service intended primarily for residents of Monroe County, Indiana and others who hold a Monroe County Public Library borrower's card. Ask A Librarian may not be the best place to ask your question. If the library is open it would be best to give us a call at 812-349-3050. If you live outside the Monroe County area, your best strategy will usually be to contact your local public, school, college or university library.
What Ask A Librarian can do:
- We can answer simple factual questions.
- Who was...?
- When did...?
- What is the address of...?
- We can refer you to other sources.
- Web sites
- Other libraries
- Organizations involved with the topic of your question
- We can answer your questions about the library and library services.
What Ask A Librarian cannot do:
- Lengthy research
- Complex questions
- Questions requiring interpretation or analysis
- Homework assignments (unless they fall under the guidelines above)
- Medical or legal advice
Fill out and submit the Ask A Librarian form.