Join the Friends of the Library's efforts to enhance library programs, collections, and services for everyone in our community.
An invitation from our 2013 Campaign Co-Chairs, Sue and Bob Talbot:
"Our engagement with the library has continued across generations as we took first our children there, then our grandchildren. The library has changed over time, of course, and it must continue to do so. Our magnificent Main Library has replaced the original Carnegie Library. Clusters of public computers give patrons access to new forms of literacy, new ways of exchanging information. Children get the same thrill from scanning their own books at check out that we used to get from signing our names. The one constant is the friendly, knowledgeable staff who help us find our way.
A strong, vibrant library has been so important to us and our family, as we know it has been for you and for many others. Please join us in supporting the 2013 Campaign for Excellence. Your gift will help ensure that the library will continue to be a haven and a resource for all Monroe County families."
Your gift to the 2013 Campaign for Excellence will:
- Create a special place for babies and their caregivers as part of the Library's Learn and Play Space, currently visited by more than 50,000 every year
- Introduce digital creativity tools to children and families
- Help children retain their reading skills over the summer with fun, literacy-based activities
- Support Math Homework Help and allow the Library to invest in digital contect to support school assignments
- Help the library reach new audiences with early literacy outreach programs