The only way to have a friend is to be one. —Ralph Waldo Emerson
You can make an extraordinary difference in our community. Your gift to the Campaign for Excellence contributes to a thriving, dynamic Monroe County. Your generosity will help the Library improve literacy, continue to innovate, spread the joy and power of reading, and reach out to people throughout the community. Your act of giving speaks loudly. Please join Jim and Jeanne Madison and donate today! Your contribution:
- Supports award-winning Library programs for all ages
- Builds the Library's collection—from books, movies, and music to mobile wi-fi hotspots and digital creativity tools
- Prepares children for success in school through early literacy initiatives, the Summer Reading Program, and access to new technologies
- Provides an eAccess library card to every student in Monroe County, enabling access to top-quality Library content in the classroom
- Your Library works hard every day to provide equitable access to information and technology for everyone in the community. Your donation makes it possible.
Feeding Memory: Food Memoirs and Immigrant Families
Featuring Dr. Vivian Halloran,
Author of The Immigrant Kitchen: Food, Ethnicity, and Diaspora
Shared meals not only nourish the soul, but also help people cement their relationships to one another. Dr. Halloran explores food, memories, and the battleground of passing on culinary traditions.
Saturday, January 20, 2-3 pm, Meeting Room 1B
Free and Open to the Public!
An NEA Big Read program http://bloomingtonbigread.info/
Juannita’s is proud to bring authentic Mexican food to Bloomington, Indiana. Try the mole poblano, molote, banana leaf tamales, or melt-in-your-mouth chile rellenos. Juannita's will donate 20% of what you spend when you bring your flyer and enjoy a delicious lunch or dinner Tuesday, January 23 or Tuesday, January 30, 11 am to 9 pm. Your meal will taste even better knowing you’re contributing to a blue ribbon library for all in the community. Show your flyer available at library kiosks or print from our website.
Your dining out has brought in more than $12,000 for the Library! Thank you for enjoying all that great food.
The Friends of Monroe County Public Library support the mission, vision, and values of the Library. The Friends advocate for Monroe County Public Library and support Library collections, services, programs, and staff development.
Friends of the Library Office
303 E Kirkwood Ave, Bloomington, IN 47408
Office Hours: M–F, 10am-6pm
(812)349-3050, ext. 1080
FOL at mcpl.info