Purpose: Monroe County Public Library strengthens our community and enriches lives by providing equitable access to information and opportunities to read, learn, connect, and create. The library supports reading, 21st century literacy, and lifelong learning.
MCPL’s 3D Printer is available without cost to the public to make three dimensional objects using a design that is uploaded from a digital computer file.
The 3D Printer may be used for lawful purposes only. Patrons will not be permitted to use the printer to create objects that are:
- Prohibited by local, state or federal law.
- In violation of another’s intellectual property rights; such as, subject to copyright, patent or trademark protection.
- Unsafe, harmful, dangerous or that may pose an immediate threat to the well-being of others; for example, guns, knives or other lethal weapons.
- Obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the library environment.
- Larger than is deemed appropriate by staff
The Library reserves the right to refuse any 3D print request.
Items printed from the 3D printer that are not picked up within 7 days will become property of the Library. Items must be picked up by the individual who printed them.
Patrons may only use the printer alongside designated library staff or volunteers. Use of the 3D printer is at the discretion of library staff.
Patrons using the printer must abide by the Library’s behavioral rules policy.
Approved by Library Board of Trustees October 17, 2018