Approved by Board of Trustees, January 21, 2015
Monroe County Public Library provides study rooms and digital creativity studios for public use. This Study Room Policy is developed in accordance with the Library's mission. It applies to two study rooms on the second floor and to three recording studios in the “Level Up” Digital Creativity Center on the first floor of the Main Library. This policy is for use of the Library for outside groups and individuals and does not apply to Library-sponsored programs or approved use by Library-affiliated groups.
The Library does not sponsor or endorse the views of any group or individual using study rooms. A group may not use the Library logo in any form or identify or imply that the Library is a sponsor.
Reserving a Study Room
Study rooms covered by this Policy may be reserved free of charge for two-hour periods on a first-come, first-served basis by individuals with a Monroe County Public Library card. Reservations may be made up to 24 hours in advance of intended use.
Requirements to reserve a study room/digital creativity studio are the following:
- Possess a Monroe County Public Library card
- Submit a study room reservation
- Abide by the Library’s Behavioral Rules
- Covered drinks only; no food allowed
The Library reserves the right to:
- In rare circumstances, preempt or reschedule meetings when the Library needs the study room space.
- Refuse or discontinue any use which is disruptive to the normal operation of the Library, destructive to the building or equipment, fails to follow the Library's Behavioral Rules, or if information is falsified on the study room application. Meeting room use that generates excessive noise will be considered disruptive.
- Allow staff to enter any study room to ensure adherence to Library policies and to ask users to vacate the room before library closing.
The Library may cancel scheduled room use when Library policy has been violated.
Users of study rooms may not charge for admission, conduct freewill collections, sell items, services, or memberships, or promote any merchandise.
Study Room Setup
Study room users are responsible for setup and cleanup. Each study room has a set configuration. If a group decides to use a different room setup, the room must be returned to its original configuration upon departure.
The Library is not responsible for the loss of and/or damage to equipment or materials owned by study room users. The Library cannot store supplies or equipment. All materials left are turned in to lost and found.
Study Room Usage Subject to Clean-up Fees
If a user fails to leave a study room or equipment in its original condition, he/she may be charged a fee for clean-up or repair, as approved by the Board of Trustees in the Fee Schedule.
Updated July 18, 2018