Register to Vote

In order to vote, you must be registered with your local voter registration office. There are three ways to register: online, by mail, or in person.

Register Online

  • IndianaVoters: Your Indiana driver's license number —or— Indiana BMV-issued photo ID number is required.

Register by Mail

Download, print, and mail one of the two registration forms below. In order to register, you are required to provide one of the following: your Indiana driver's license number —or— your Indiana BMV-issued photo ID number. If you do not have either of those you can use last four digits of your social sSecurity number.

NOTE: Complete and mail one of these forms, not both. Either is acceptable.

Register in Person

Register in person at the Voter Registration Office, the Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV), or the FSSA Office (Food Stamp Office).

Register at the Voter Registration Office: You may register at the Bloomington office at 401 West Seventh Street, Suite 100. No ID is required however, you will need to know your Indiana driver’s license number or the last 4 digits of your social security number if you register in person at this office. You may also get a paper voter registration application (VRG-7) to submit later.

 » How do I register at the BMV?

If you are conducting a credential transaction at the BMV (obtaining or renewing a driver's license or a state ID, for example), you may complete the voter registration process with the BMV staff. If you are not conducting a credential transaction, BMV staff can give you a paper voter registration application (VRG-7), but your completed application cannot be submitted at the BMV. You must submit the application to the Voter Registration Office at 401 West Seventh Street, Suite 100, Bloomington, IN 47404.

BMV locations in Monroe County:

Bloomington: 1531 South Curry Pike, (812) 336-3018

Ellettsville: 4629 W Richland Plaza Drive; (812) 876-1244

Questions about driver's licenses, state IDs, or birth certificates?

See our frequently asked questions about voting and voter registration.

 » How do I register at the FSSA office?

At the FSSA (Food Stamp Office) you will be asked if you want to register to vote. If you decline, you will be asked to complete a form in writing that you decline to register. Otherwise you will be given a registration form to complete.

This information made available in partnership with the League of Women Voters of Bloomington-Monroe County.