Some physical items checked out from the Library renew automatically. Unless someone else requests an item that you've borrowed, most items may be renewed twice. Items eligible for renewal will automatically renew two days before their due date, extending their loan periods from their original due dates.
Most physical items checked out from the Library (books, audiobooks, music CDs, DVDs) are eligible for automatic renewal. The following items are not eligible:
- Items that have reached their renewal limit
- Items someone else has requested to borrow
- eLibrary materials (eBooks, eMagazines, eMovies, etc.)
- Bestseller Express items
- Items checked out by the hour (laptops, game controllers, etc.)
- Book Club Kits
- Storytime Kits
Automatic renewal notifications are sent via email and text. To receive these, you must include an email address or phone number in your settings at My Account > Contact Information.
- Email: These notifications are detailed, and will include a list of items that were and were not eligible for automatic renewal, along with due dates.
- Text: These notifications will detail only that an item has been automatically renewed and will refer you to your account for specific details. Due dates and titles are found in My Account > My Checkouts & Renewals.