The Nonprofit Central Resource Center was established in 2013 at the Monroe County Public Library in collaboration with the Nonprofit Association of Monroe County (United Way) and is supported by a grant from the Community Foundation of Bloomington and Monroe County.
Nonprofit Central addresses the unique information needs of area organizations.
Nonprofit Central is committed to Monroe County nonprofits by
- Improving management and governance
- Increasing fundraising and resource development capacity
- Strengthening the collaborative environment in which Monroe County nonprofits operate
Nonprofit Central offers
- Candid (Foundation Center) databases: grants for nonprofits and individuals
- Information on nonprofit management, governance, and resource development in a variety of formats
- Free professional learning and networking opportunities on a variety of topics
- One-on-one consultations for nonprofit board, staff, and volunteers
- Comprehensive list of area nonprofit organizations and meeting spaces
- Space in the Library for one-on-one consultations, meetings, and networking and opportunities
Meet the Media - February
Members of local media organizations give and hear one-minute pitches from local nonprofit representatives. Attendees present for one-minute on the value of their nonprofit by sharing a story, idea, purpose, event or success related to their organization (one pitch per nonprofit). Media panel representatives provide feedback on each pitch and meet with nonprofit representatives in small groups for more in-depth questions and conversation.
Meet the Funders - October
Contact Nonprofit Central
Downtown Library, 2nd floor