Services for People with Disabilities
Monroe County Public Library is committed to making its buildings, collections, programs, and services accessible to all members of the community. Anyone encountering difficulties in making full use of the Library is encouraged to contact the Special Audience Strategist by phone at (812) 349-3103 or by email at ada [at] mcpl.info. For more information, please see our Americans with Disabilities Act Notice .
- Bloomington: The Main Library has three accessible parking spots in its lot and additional metered spots on surrounding streets. Wheelchairs for public use are available at each entrance and an elevator provides access to all floors. BTaccess  can provide public transportation. A drive-up window  is available off of the parking lot, along with 24 hour material returns.
- Ellettsville: The Ellettsville Branch  has two accessible parking spots and a wheelchair for public use.
- Homebound Service : Personalized home delivery of library materials to eligible county residents
- Bookmobile  and Van Service : Library materials brought to rural communities, affordable housing centers, senior living facilities, and nursing homes.
Please contact us  for help in searching for and locating the following library materials:
- Books on CD  (new arrivals )
- Playaways  (self-contained digital players) (new arrivals )
- Downloadable audiobooks  (new arrivals )
- Indiana State Library Talking Book & Braille Library 
- Large print books (new arrivals ) 
- eBooks (new arrivals )
- DVDs with closed captioning or subtitles 
- DVDs with descriptive audio tracks 
- Toys 
Public Computing and Equipment
- Our public computers run Windows and include Microsoft’s Ease of Access Center. Please ask a staff member for assistance in using these accessibility features.
- Magnification devices:
- EVS electronic magnifier located in the VITAL Resource Room
- Reading glasses and magnifying glasses at the Information Desks at Main and Ellettsville
The library encourages persons with disabilities to participate in our programs. If you need an accommodation, you may indicate it when registering through our events calendar , by calling the Associate Director at 349-3050 ext. 4032, or by emailing ada [at] mcpl.info. Please make your request as early as possible, ideally at least a week before the event so that we may make arrangements.
Community Resources and Services
- Directory of Local, State and National Resources and Services for People with Disabilities : Developed by the City of Bloomingtion's Council for Community Accessibility