Volunteer in the Bookstore or at Friends Events
The Library is fortunate to have volunteers who contribute their time, talent, and energy to a variety of long-term and short-term commitments. If you are interested in volunteering in the bookstore or at Friends events and book sales, please complete an application. As opportunities arise that match your interests and availability, someone will contact you.
Become a Friends Board or Committee Member
You can become a member of the Friends board to help make decisions about Friends or join one of these Friends committees to get involved! Please fol [at] mcpl.info (subject: Friend%20Board%20Member%20-%20Volunteering) (email the board) at fol [at] mcpl.info if you have an interest.
- Bookstore Committee: Advises on big book sales, promotion, and bookstore merchandise
- Coffee with Friends: Schedules, secures speakers, and promotes four programs a year
- Finance Committee: Oversees all finances, budgets, and investment funds of the Friends
- Hospitality Committee: Provides and serves refreshments at events
- Membership & Marketing Committee: Promotes activities and membership
- Nominating Committee: Identifies and recruits potential board members
- Fundraising Committee: Works to expand fundraising efforts
- Power of Words/Author Event Committee: Selects author and themes and plans event
- Armstrong Exhibit Committee: Coordinates a major exhibit event and related programming