The Friends of the Library Bookstore is open Tuesday and Thursday from 11 AM–7 PM, Friday and Saturday from 11 AM–5 PM, and Sunday from 1–5 PM.
Looking for a perfect gift for your library-loving friend? The Friends Bookstore offers unique gifts for Library supporters, including t-shirts, notecards, tote bags, and more! Order merchandise with your credit card.
The Friends of the Library Bookstore offers amazing deals on a wide variety of items. Even better, its proceeds support Library initiatives! Visit the bookstore on the first floor of the Downtown Library to discover new-to-you treasures.
- Hardcover books: $3
- Paperback books: $1.50
- Children's/Young Adult hardcover books: $1.50
- Children's/Young Adult paperback books and board books: 75¢
- Books on CD: $3
- DVDs: $1 per disc
- Blu-Rays: $3 per disc
- CDs: 50 cents per disc
- Magazines and sheet music: 25¢
- Vinyl records: 25¢
- Artwork: varies
- Friends gift items, including note cards, t-shirts, baseball caps, book bags, and nylon backpacks: varies
- Certain items are available at a higher price indicated by a green price sticker
Our Amazon Book Store
Limited edition collectible, or higher priced books are available through the Friends Amazon store–items may be purchased in the bookstore to save shipping charges.
The Friends of the Library has a four-day big book sale twice a year with thousands of items at bargain prices! Learn more.
The Friends of the Library Bookstore accepts donations at all Library locations. Donations can be dropped off at the donation carts at the Downtown Library in Bloomington (on the east side of the second-floor information desk) or at the Ellettsville or Southwest Branch locations (next to the information desks) while the locations are open. Up to two boxes can be accepted at each location. Limited donations (one bag) may be accepted at the Bookmobile and Outreach Van stops as space allows.
Contact Foundation Lead Bookseller, Mike Burns, at mburns [at] mcpl.info (subject: Bookstore%20Donations) or (812) 349-3083 to make arrangements for donations larger than two boxes, or if you have questions about whether something is an acceptable donation item.
- Fiction and nonfiction books, scholarly and technical books, and children's books. Books can be of any age or vintage
- Audiobooks on CD only (Must be intact and playable. No loose discs, please)
- Movies on DVD or Blu-Ray (Must be intact and playable. No loose discs or empty cases, please)
- Music on vinyl records or CDs (Must be intact and playable. No empty cases or loose records or CDs, please)
- Artwork, framed or unframed
- Current magazines (please call first, as needs may vary)
- Jigsaw puzzles and board games
- Damaged books with loose, missing, or torn or chewed on pages, have mold or water damage, or books that smell of smoke or mildew
- VHS movies
- Textbooks over 5 years old
- Annual or monthly publications over 5 years old (i.e. travel guides, almanacs, test preparation guides, academic or literary journals)
- Encyclopedias or computer manuals over 5 years old (please note that children's encyclopedias of any age are accepted)
- Reader's Digest Condensed Books
Unwanted materials can be recycled at 3400 S. Walnut Street in Bloomington. If you have questions about the Bookstore or about making a donation, please call (812) 349-3083.