What is Homebound Service?
Monroe County Public Library provides personalized delivery of library materials to those unable to visit the Library due to:
- Physical disability,
- Extended illness, or
- Significant transportation problems.
Items are selected based on patron requests and preferences, and are delivered once a month. This service is free to Monroe County residents.
How can I request Homebound Service?
E-mail or call kdockert [at] mcpl.info (Katelynn Dockerty) at (812)349-3050, ext. 2058, to request Homebound Service. You can also use this online form to request Homebound Service. If you prefer to use a printed form, simply print the PDF version of the form, fill it out, and mail it to:
Monroe County Public Library
attn: Katelynn Dockerty
303 E. Kirkwood Ave.
Bloomington, Indiana 47408
How can I volunteer to help?
Community Outreach is looking for people who are willing to help select and deliver materials to homebound patrons. Volunteers must:
- Donate 2-4 hours per month for delivery purposes,
- Complete a 1 and a 1/2-hour training session, and
- Provide their own transportation.
To volunteer, e-mail or call kdockert [at] mcpl.info (Katelynn Dockerty), (812) 349-3050, ext. 2058. You can also use this online form to volunteer. If you prefer to use a printed form, simply print the PDF version of the application, fill it out, and mail it to the address above.
What other library services can be accessed from my home?
- Online Library Resources (Library Catalog, Inspire, community organizations, and Internet links).
- General reference assistance by phone (812) 349-3050, or through the online Ask A Librarian form.
- Renew or reserve materials, access your library account and other information by calling (812) 349-3050, or visiting the My Account web page.