We are a social impact organization in Bloomington, IN whose mission is to grow and sustainably manage Bloomington's urban forest for the many environmental, health, economic, and social benefits of trees with a focus on tree equity and community engagement.
- Community and Cooperation - Inspire, educate, empower, and employ the community toward our common goals, working with all stakeholders for the benefit of Bloomington and our urban forest.
- Equity and Inclusion - Ensure communities that need greening the most are prioritized and have equitable access to opportunities and resources; support youth and those in need with job opportunities.
- Environmental Sustainability - Promote the stewardship and management of a resilient and sustainably-structured urban forest to yield a highly functional urban ecosystem now and into the future.
- Public Health and Happiness - Facilitate improved physical and mental health of residents and increase community capacity by building a greener city through community engagement.
- Science and Creativity - Dedicated to transparent, data-driven decision-making integrated with creative and inspirational initiatives that celebrate and communicate our green goals.
Subscribe to our newsletter and be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram to stay up to date and be alerted when there are volunteer opportunities!