The only way to have a friend is to be one. —Ralph Waldo Emerson
Enjoy a night out in a friendly, cozy environment with great food by Chef Fred Manion. Lennie's will donate 20% of what you spend when you bring your flyer and dine after 4 p.m. every Tuesday in June (June 5, 12, 19, and 26), dine-in or carry-out. Lennie's supports local farmers and believes in sustainably sourced ingredients and proudly serves Bloomington Brewing Company's unfiltered, artisan ales. Show your flyer available at library kiosks or print from our website. Your dining out has brought in more than $14,000 for the Library! Thank you for enjoying all that great food.
Knowledge as Currency & the Power of Books
Indiana’s Poet Laureate, Adrian Matejka, is our guest speaker for the Friends of the Library Annual Meeting. Please join us Tuesday, June 19, 5:45 p.m., Meeting Room 1B, first floor, Monroe County Public Library. This program is free and open to the public!
Matejka's most recent book, Map to the Stars (2017), "navigates the tensions between race, geography, and poverty in America during the Reagan Era...In Matejka’s poems, hope is the link between the convoluted realities of being poor and the inspiring possibilities of transcendence and escape—whether it comes from Star Trek, the dream of being one of the first black astronauts, or Sun Ra’s cosmic jazz." Among Matejka’s other honors are the Eugene and Marilyn Glick Indiana Authors Award, the Julia Peterkin Award, a Pushcart Prize, and fellowships from the Guggenheim Foundation, the Lannan Foundation, and a Simon Fellowship from United States Artists.
- Supports award-winning Library programs for all ages
- Builds the Library's collection—from books, movies, and music to mobile wi-fi hotspots and digital creativity tools
- Prepares children for success in school through early literacy initiatives, the Summer Reading Program, and access to new technologies
- Provides an eAccess library card to every student in Monroe County, enabling access to top-quality Library content in the classroom
- Your Library works hard every day to provide equitable access to information and technology for everyone in the community. Your donation makes it possible.
The Friends of Monroe County Public Library support the mission, vision, and values of the Library. The Friends advocate for Monroe County Public Library and support Library collections, services, programs, and staff development.
Friends of the Library Office
303 E Kirkwood Ave, Bloomington, IN 47408
Office Hours: M–F, 10am-6pm
(812)349-3050, ext. 1080
FOL at mcpl.info