The only way to have a friend is to be one. —Ralph Waldo Emerson
It’s pizza time! Locals and visitors have enjoyed Mother Bear’s award winning pizza since 1973. Mother Bear's Pizza will donate $5 for every large pizza you purchase when you bring your flyer and dine, 11 am - Midnight on Tuesday, October 16. You can enjoy inside dining, carry out your pizza, or call for delivery at either the campus or west side location. Simply show your flyer available at library kiosks or print from our website. Please note, you need a separate flyer for each large pizza ordered. One pizza - one flyer. Two pizzas - two flyers. Ten pizzas - ten flyers and it's a party! No electronic coupons will be accepted. You must hand them a printed flyer. Your dining out has brought in more than $15,000 for the Library! Thank you for enjoying all that great food.
Busted in Bloomington
It was 50 years ago today...A bust, a death, a scandal. A true story of Bloomington in 1968. Greg and Candy Dawson return to Bloomington to share their experience researching and writing Busted in Bloomington.
Come join us for Coffee with Friends on Sunday, September 30 from 2-3 p.m. in Meeting Room 1B on the first floor of Monroe County Public Library. Revisit life in Bloomington and Indiana University in the late 60s, and enjoy a conversation with the Dawsons as they share their experience co-writing Busted in Bloomington: A Tragedy in the Summer of '68, a nonfiction account of growing up in Bloomington. Refreshments will be served courtesy of the Friends Hospitality Committee.
- Supports award-winning Library programs for all ages
- Builds the Library's collection—from books, movies, and music to mobile wi-fi hotspots and digital creativity tools
- Prepares children for success in school through early literacy initiatives, the Summer Reading Program, and access to new technologies
- Provides an eAccess library card to every student in Monroe County, enabling access to top-quality Library content in the classroom
- Your Library works hard every day to provide equitable access to information and technology for everyone in the community. Your donation makes it possible.
The Friends of Monroe County Public Library support the mission, vision, and values of the Library. The Friends advocate for Monroe County Public Library and support Library collections, services, programs, and staff development.
Friends of the Library Office
303 E Kirkwood Ave, Bloomington, IN 47408
Office Hours: M–F, 10am-6pm
(812)349-3050, ext. 1080
FOL at mcpl.info