The only way to have a friend is to be one. —Ralph Waldo Emerson
Soup's up! Grab some delicious, homemade soup from Darn Good Soup every Tuesday in November from 11 am–7:30 pm. Show your flyer when you dine and the Friends will receive 20% of what you spend at Darn Good Soup on Tuesday, November 6, 13, 20, and 27. It's fast; it's healthy; it's darn good.
Darn Good Soup dishes up 8 to 10 fresh soups daily, including vegetarian and vegan options, each served with bread. They have salads available as well as Hartzell's ice cream. Located on the west side of the Courthouse square, they serve you at the counter to eat in their casual dining area or for carry-out. Check out their soup menu for the selection of tasty soups for the day.
Revisiting the History of IU
We're gearing up for the celebration of Indiana University's Bicentennial 2019-2020. Jim Capshew, author and the Indiana University Historian, draws from his current research, Voices Along the Way: Turning Indiana University's Past into History, to discuss writers of IU history who have shaped our present understanding of the university's mission and culture. Capshew is the author of the biography, Herman B Wells: The Promise of the American University (2012), and several other works on IU history.
Come join us for Coffee with Friends on Sunday, December 2 from 3-4 p.m. in Meeting Room 1B on the first floor of Monroe County Public Library. Refreshments will be served courtesy of the Friends Hospitality Committee.
For more information about the Indiana University Bicentennial, please visit http://200.iu.edu #IU200
- Supports award-winning Library programs for all ages
- Builds the Library's collection—from books, movies, and music to mobile wi-fi hotspots and digital creativity tools
- Prepares children for success in school through early literacy initiatives, the Summer Reading Program, and access to new technologies
- Provides an eAccess library card to every student in Monroe County, enabling access to top-quality Library content in the classroom
- Your Library works hard every day to provide equitable access to information and technology for everyone in the community. Your donation makes it possible.
The Friends of Monroe County Public Library support the mission, vision, and values of the Library. The Friends advocate for Monroe County Public Library and support Library collections, services, programs, and staff development.
Friends of the Library Office
303 E Kirkwood Ave, Bloomington, IN 47408
Office Hours: M–F, 10am-6pm
(812)349-3050, ext. 1080
FOL at mcpl.info