T Mobile/Alcatel LINKZONE
Looking for free, unrestricted internet access at home or on the go? Check out a mobile hotspot to easily connect up to five personal devices at once! Mobile hotspots can be used anywhere that receives a T-Mobile cellular signal.
Hotspots can be borrowed for seven days and renewed up to two additional weeks (except when other holds are in place). Hotspots are available at the Main Library, the Ellettsville Branch, and the Bookmobile. Check current availability.
Here’s how to connect (instructions included with device):
- Press and hold the power (icon) button on the mobile hotspot for three seconds.
- Look to see that all four LED icons turn blue.
- On your computer or mobile device, open network settings and choose “MCPL Library (+ number)”.
- Enter the password included with the hotspot.
- Your device should now be connected to the internet. The mobile hotspot will remain on until you turn it off (press and hold the power button for three seconds to turn it off).
- Charge the hotspot periodically by plugging the USB power adaptor into any common wall outlet (it takes about two hours for a drained hotspot to fully charge).
- If the hotspot does not turn on (or you don’t see all four LED icons turn blue), simply connect the USB power adaptor to charge the hotspot.
- You can use the mobile hotspot while it is charging.
- If you can’t locate the mobile hotspot on your list of wireless networks, check that the LED icons are blue and then choose to search for networks and allow the list to refresh.
Need more help? Contact us for assistance.